Lissa Deminie, Realtor

Lissa Deminie, Realtor

Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome to my Open House !

It's springtime and that means there are a lot more open houses. Here are just a couple of things to keep in mind if you attend one:


1. When I tell you something, I probably mean it. I was once selling a home for a nice family that had a not-so-nice cat. It was actually on medication, Xanax or something, to calm it down. The day of the open house they actually gave the cat an extra dose to mellow her out.

When people came into the home I would tell them "the cat looks really nice, but she's not, so please don't touch her." You would have thought I told everyone to please make sure to pet the cat as you go by her! One attendee actually got bitten by the cat for not listening to me.

2. I don't want to contact you if you don't want me to. Please don't go to the trouble of making up a fake name/address/email/phone number. If you just say that you don't want to be contacted, I will leave you alone. I would much rather devote my time to people who want to work with me.

3. When the homeowner moves out, they will be taking their stuff with them. I promise. So please don't spend a lot of time criticizing their taste in dining room furniture, the flowery bedroom comforter, or questionable living room sofa. It's not staying. Really.

Please don't be defensive, I'm just here to help you and answer any questions you may have. Maybe you had a bad experience once before, but I'm just doing my job. And if you would like to work with me as your realtor, I'd here to assist you!

No comments:

Post a Comment